The Tool Lending Library has over 5,000 tools available for lending. The following list of tools is not comprehensive or always reflective of current inventory. If you cannot find a specific tool on this list, please contact the Tool Lending Library staff.
- The lending period is seven (7) days for most tools; three (3) days for a few of our more popular items.
- Fines: $1.00-$20.00 for each day a tool is late, depending on the value of the tool. Fines will continue until the cost of the item and shipping is met.
- Renewals can be made by phoning library staff at 812-370-0278. Up to two (2) renewals are possible if the tool is not needed back. Due to high demand, some tools are not renewable.
- Holds are made through Tool Lending Library staff.
- Tools must be returned to the Tool Lending Library during open hours.
- Registration at the Tool Lending Library is necessary even if already an Artisan Alley member. No registrations after fifteen (15) minutes before closing time.
Paperwork & Returns
Our tools are in demand, so it’s important to bring them back on time, and only when the Tool Lending Library is open. Fines for overdue tools range from $1 to $20 per day. There are additional fines for returning tools dirty or damaged.
Make sure to fill out and review all necessary Paperwork:
- Policies and Conditions,
- Borrower’s Application,
- Agreement and Release of Liability,
- Shop Rules,
- Liability Waiver
New tool patrons are limited to check-out up to two tools, valued under $200 each. This probationary period will end upon returning two tools on time, clean and in good condition. After probation, tool patrons will be allowed 8 tools (no more than 3 power tools) for each checkout.